Ten reasons why being a Ninja is for you, the average college student.
I remember college like it was yesterday. That's because it was.
Just kidding. It was a little longer than that. My college experience was pretty unconventional. I had a year's worth of college credits accumulated by the time I graduated from high school and then moved across the country to attend a university with the full intentions of being there for all four years, maybe even five. One year later, I was on a plane heading to Kenya for the semester, and not to study abroad. I had put my college career on hold. And there it has stayed for years.
I love to joke that those college days were the days. All 200 of them.
I started my school year working off campus at a local elementary school, but when smoke started billowing from the engine of my car, that became impossible to do. I babysat and tutored a professor's kids, and I called home and asked for some money when I only had a few bucks left. I lived on creative cafeteria food, Ramen, and coffee.
If only I had a job where I could make money just posting on social media. *shakes head in dismay* Because where money was weak, my posting skills were strong.
But really. Here are TEN reasons why being a Ninja is the perfect job for your typical college student.
1. You can make money just sharing and posting on social media. You make money during class. You make money while you're eating in the cafeteria, you make money at 2.37 in the morning when you should be cramming for your astronomy final but you're actually bing-watching Friends. How? Well, as you post about how amazing Ziyak is and everything the app has to offer, people want to know how they can be a Ninja as well. The more Ninjas you have under you, the more money you can make.
2. You want free food. Since you're going clubbing tonight anyways (well, hopefully not tonight. It is only Thursday.) might as well leave your Ninja card with the club you're at. When they sign up with Ziyak, that is INSTANT money in your pocket. And every time this club posts a new event, thats even more money in your pocket. AND that club loves you so much, because you just saved so much money on advertising, that you get free drinks and food every time you're there. Free food. Instant money. That sounds like the perfect college life.
3. Your possible Ninja recruits are endless. From your Native American History Professor to your roommate, the school mascot to the editor of the school newspaper... You can recruit ANYONE to be a Ninja.
4. Even better, you can win $10,000. How? The first Ninja to get 10,000 app downloads underneath them after we launch, wins $10,000. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Seriously. medium-sized universities range from 2,000-10,000 students. 5,000 students at your school download Ziyak because you told your frat brother who told his girlfriend who is a sorority president and her entire sorority told their boyfriends who told their football team, soccer team, water polo team... and all 5,000 of those students tell their moms, sisters, brothers, dads, dog groomers... and BOOM. 10,000 people just downloaded this app and Ziyak just sent YOU a hefty check of $10,000 that you can use on your spring break, or a shopping spree, or a new car, or you could be responsible and pay off some student loans. Look at you becoming an adult. Good job.
5. You know the value of a $1. Did you know, businesses spend an average of $213 each week advertising on Facebook alone. Sounds ridiculous. And it is. And you can change that. One dollar can get you a McDonalds Coke, four gum balls, a ticket to the dollar theatre, or the possibility of making thousands of dollars.
6. You're busy and you loved grilled cheese. My brother told me his schedule yesterday and my jaw dropped. His Mondays are so full that he is out working and in classes for 14 hours with only two 1-hour breaks each day, which are obviously consumed with consuming...food. You are so incredibly busy and being a Ninjas takes seconds out of your day.
Stop. Put down your grilled cheese. Share Ziyak's post. Pick up your grilled cheese and tell the person sitting next to you that they should become a Ninja. Take a bite of your grilled cheese. Continue talking about the person who streaked through the cafeteria during dinner last night.
Congratulations. You just ate your grilled cheese and got a new Ninja.
7. Let's face it. You're broke. Why not make extra money without using your brain that is so full of knowledge you'll probably never use? Then you can be un-broke. Until you buy that coffee mug you've been eyeing for a few weeks. Then you're broke again. But not for long! Because the restauraunt that you ate at last week just decided to advertise with Ziyak and uploaded two new events. Nice. You're unbroken again.
8. You're an entrepreneur... or you'd like to be. You're always looking for new ways to make money. And this app is new. It is disruptive. It is going to shake the advertising world. And you get to be a part of it.
9. Free stuff. Every Ninja gets a Ninja box. Inside of that Ninja box is an awesome t-shirt, and lots of free goodies along with the best way to be the best Ninja ever.
10. Because why not? You literally have nothing to lose. It costs nothing to be a Ninja. Nothing to sign up. Nothing to share on social media.
So just do it. Make bags of money. Laugh at your fellow classmates who are scrounging for a quarter and then make them a Ninja, help them make money, and make money off of them.
At Ziyak, we are excited to help connect people to cities all over the country. From finding the best places to eat, to exploring the best events in town, for the old in spirit and young at heart, Ziyak is for everyone.
Kendra is an Executive Assistant at Ziyak. She loves to share her humor and share her passions with anyone who will take the time to read what she writes.